- showering supplies (shampoo & conditioner, razor/shaving cream)
- phones and chargers
- a roll or two of toilet paper
- activities for the kids (coloring books, books on CD, a laptop or dvd player for movie-watching, and snacks)
- clothing (enough for a week)
- important documents you’ll need in order to set up utilities, rent, etc.
Sometimes it’s hard to know what you’ll need ahead of time, so don’t try to pack your suitcases in one sitting. Just jot a quick list down of what you think you’ll need. Then set the suitcases out. Anytime you’re packing boxes and you come across something you know you’ll need in the first couple days/week, pack it in the suitcase instead. It’s much less stressful this way and the likelihood that you’ll forget something is low since you’re going through every single item you own!
So remember, don’t pack the suitcases, pack things in them!